Royal Mail’s launches UKs largest apprenticeship scheme with 1,000 recruits

Royal Mail is launching one of many largest ever apprenticeship schemes within the UK that can recruit 1,000 wannabe posties.

Candidates who full the programme, which is geared round on-the-job coaching, will likely be supplied everlasting roles.

Royal Mail mentioned a lot of its senior workers started their careers by way of its postal cadet scheme, which was stopped in 1996.

The brand new postal apprenticeship scheme, which can final for 13 months, plans to “construct on that historical past” and “carry contemporary expertise” to the organisation.

The position will contain finishing the day-to-day duties of a supply particular person, with further on-line classes and coaching. About 80 per cent of the apprenticeship will take the type of on-the-job work with the remaining 20 per cent of coaching completed on-line to safe Degree 2 apprenticeship certification.

Royal Mail mentioned members would obtain native assist from their line supervisor, a chosen office coach, a buddy scheme and a mentor to assist their profession development. Moreover, Babington, its coaching supplier, will assist their pastoral care and oversee their progress.

Candidates will likely be requested to finish a situational judgment take a look at, a digital interview and later be invited to satisfy their line supervisor. The preliminary cohort of 500 apprenticeships will start in September. The scheme opens for purposes on Monday.

Ricky McAulay, Royal Mail’s operations growth director, mentioned: “We couldn’t be prouder to launch our postal apprenticeship scheme at a time when the pandemic continues to take a heavy toll on profession alternatives throughout the nation.”

Royal Mail’s launches UKs largest apprenticeship scheme with 1,000 recruits